CREST Fellows Undergraduate Research Fellowship Program
2023-2024 CREST Fellows Undergraduate Research Fellowship Program
The NSF-CREST Center for Cellular and Biomolecular Machines (CCBM) offers a research fellowship to UC Merced undergraduate students across STEM disciplines during the academic year. October 2023 - May 2024.
Applications are due on September 17, 2023 - APPLY
CREST Fellows will have opportunities to:
- Conduct research with CCBM faculty (see below) of their choice for at least 10-hours per week
- Participate in CREST Fellows Research Symposium
- Prepare for applications for internships, jobs, and graduate school
- Research experience in bioengineering, physics, chemistry and chemical biology, materials science and engineering, and molecular and cell biology
- Experimental learning: On-campus research arrangements must be confirmed by chosen faculty advisor
- Research and academic guidance and mentoring from CCBM faculty and graduate students
- Professional development & networking activities
- Special priority for summer research experiences (REUs) at partner institutions throughout the U.S.
- Award: $1,200 per semester
UC Merced enrolled full-time undergraduate students with at least two semesters of college experience (GPA 3.0 or above).
--U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, or permanent residents of the United States (to receive funding)
Contact information for one faculty reference
Statement of Interest - Briefly describe your interest in research being done at the CCBM. Why are you interested in this research? Are there particular faculty with whom you would like to work and why? Summarize the reasons why you are applying to this fellowship, what you hope to gain by participating, and how it fits into your future educational and career objectives. 300 words maximium.
Strongly encouraged to apply: Students from underrepresented groups, women, and students with disabilities.
Research experience is for the 2023-24 academic year. Faculty advisor must approve renewal for Spring 2024. Those who are selected are required not to engage in another research project. Participants will be expected to apply for summer research experiences (if not graduating May 2024) and willing to accept spot in program if offered. Previous participants must reapply.
For questions or more information contact CREST Fellows Coordinator, Dr. Petia Gueorguieva: firstname.lastname@example.org
CCBM Website: https://ccbm.ucmerced.edu
With support from the STEM Center.
Research Topics - Biophysics, Biochemistry, Biological Sciences, Bioengineering, Computational Biology, Biomaterials, Biotechnology, Mathematics in Biology